PDF flyer: CE – Citizenship Class 2022
HWDSB Continuing Education offers in-person and online courses for Canadian citizenship preparation. The citizenship preparation course emphasizes the knowledge and language skills necessary for the Canadian citizenship test.
Different sessions are offered for the 2021-2022 academic year:
- Session 1: April 5 to June 2
- Nine-week intensive online course on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Session 2: July 4 to July 29
- Intensive four-week in-person course, Monday through Friday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. downtown.
- Session 3: July 4 to July 29
- Intensive four-week in-person course, Monday to Friday mornings 9-11:15 a.m. at Hill Park.
Registration, eligibility and Resources
For those interested in preparing for Canadian citizenship, email [email protected] for more information and to register. You can also call 905-561-2190, ext. 4774 or 905-525-8833. There is no deadline, as registrations are accepted until the start date of each session.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. NCLC 4 or higher in Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing is also required.
Visit the Continuing Education website for more information on Canadian citizenship preparation courses.
Visit the Government of Canada website for more information on the requirements to become a Canadian citizen.
Some topics in this program include:
- The rights and responsibilities of citizenship
- Government, elections and voting procedures
- Facts about Canada, its history, geography and symbols
- The Canadian Economy
- The Canadian legal system
- Canadian Citizenship Test Study Questions
- Learn techniques to study and organize information effectively
Updated on Wednesday, February 23, 2022.